Assignment: Visualize 3 Datasets
For this assignment, you are to create 3 visualizations, one for each of the three datasets from your "Find 3 Datasets" submission from last week. Consider this as "rapid prototyping" for your final project, to get a better feel for each of these datasets. This will help you decide which one of these datasets to ultimately use for developing a full-blown interactive visualization project.
For each of your 3 datasets:
- Take a minute to analyse the columns in terms of their attribute types (from Chapter 2), and how each could be mapped to visual channels (from Chapter 5).
- Please fork (using Blockbuilder) any of the visualizations listed here https://github.com/curran/d3-in-motion and modify it to visualize the dataset. If you're feeling adventurous, you may fork any other example from bl.ocks.org and modify it to visualize the dataset, you're not limited to just those inside d3-in-motion.
- The construction of these visualizations is explained in detail in the video course D3.js in Motion. Please watch these videos. To access this course for free, please send me (Curran) a direct message in the course Slack asking for a 100% off discount code.
- If you already visualized one of these datasets for the previous Scatter Plot assignment, that's fine, just submit that same scatter plot again here.
- Keep in mind you'll need to write in your row function some custom code to parse the numeric values and perhaps date values (if you want to make a line chart). For parsing dates, see d3.timeParse and Zan Armstrong's Time Formatting Example (you can use those formatter strings with d3.timeParse).
- Feel free to get creative and modify things like colors, fonts, visual styles.
- Submit the three bl.ocks.org URLs as the submission for this assignment.
- Please post links to your work in the course Slack.
Note on Links: The links in your README must be proper Markdown links, using syntax [I'm a link](http://google.com) . A plain URL in the text is not acceptable. If you want to show the URL, then make it a link, like this [http://google.com](http://google.com).