Assignment: Research Interactive Visualizations
Search the Web for an interactive data visualization with multiple linked views.
The visualization must not be on bl.ocks.org, and it should not be a toy example demonstrating a certain programming technique, library or framework. It should be a real-world product, that is intended to communicate information to a certain audience. For example, pieces done by the New York Times, or by Five Thirty Eight would be acceptable.
The visualization must also not be one that another student submitted already.
The visualization must have one of the following interaction patterns (from Chapter 12):
- Linked Highlighting
- Linked Navigation
- Dynamic Layers
For the submission of this assignment, please do the following:
- Claim your link by adding an entry in this spreadsheet.
- Double-check no one has claimed the same link.
- Create a document.
- Describe the visualization.
- Include a link to the visualization.
- Include at least one screenshot of the visualization.
- State which of the above interaction patterns are present.
- Explain why the interaction can be considered as the stated pattern(s).
- Post the link and your document in the course Slack.
This will be interesting!