Assignment: Introduce Yourself
Please do the following:
- Join the course Slack team
- Fill out this Google Form: Dataviz Course Intro Survey
Fill out your Canvas profile
- Add photo
- Add links to social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Join the global D3 Slack Team
- Create your own introduction video (no more than 3 minutes)
Record a video of yourself talking. Introduce yourself. If you already introduced yourself via text in Slack, you can use that as your script. Talk about things like:
- What is your name?
- Where are you from?
- What are your goals in taking this course?
- Any relevant projects where you want to use data visualization?
- What are your personal interests/hobbies?
- Use any video capture tools you like. Open Broadcaster Software is a nice one https://obsproject.com/download You can use a smartphone as well.
Post the video in Slack.
- One option is to post first on YouTube (as "unlisted" if you are concerned about privacy), then post the link in Slack.
- You can also post the video directly to Slack (but be mindful about file size).
- Watch everyone else’s introductions (this is why they should be less than 3 minutes ;) ).
- Comment on at least one of the introductions, or otherwise participate in a discussion in Slack.
Leave at least one emoji reaction to something in Slack (these are awesome).
- Submit your introduction video as the submission for this assignment in Canvas (or if you uploaded to Slack, just submit text that says "uploaded to Slack"). Please submit something in Canvas, because I use this as the signal that it's ready to grade.