Assignment: Final Project Proposal
Please make a second pass through your proposal draft. Go through it in detail:
- Correct any spelling or grammatical errors.
- Expand upon important or interesting points.
- Remove anything unnecessary.
- Add images and descriptions for any new prototypes you've created.
Next, create a schedule of deliverables.
- Create a new section of the document called "Schedule of Deliverables".
- Break down the complete project work into many individual tasks (around 5 - 15 tasks).
- Create a bulleted list with one-sentence descriptions of each task.
- Add up to 5 one-sentence sub-bullets for each task if you feel they are necessary.
- Think about how much work/time each task will likely take.
- Add estimated delivery dates for each task. Keep in mind you have 5 weeks for this work.
- Please fork https://github.com/curran/dataviz-project-template in GitHub, rename your fork, and include the URL of your forked repository in your proposal document. Feel free to start working on your project inside this repository whenever you are ready.
Here's an example schedule of deliverables (feel free to copy and modify this):
- (Oct 9) Create project repository by forking https://github.com/curran/dataviz-project-template
- (Oct 12) Port the visualization example from bl.ocks.org into the repository.
- Add the data to the repository
- Refactor to split the code into ES6 modules.
- Make the visualization respond to resize.
- (Oct 19) Create the second visualization view for the project.
- Make both visualizations appear on the page, possibly using d3-boxes to compute the layout.
- (Oct 25) Add brushing interaction to one of the views.
- (Nov 1) Link the brushing to a filter that feeds into the other view.
- (Nov 9) Fine tuning, color and font adjustments, write documentation, create video.
Please do begin the project by forking https://github.com/curran/dataviz-project-template. This uses Webpack for splitting code into multiple modules, and contains some starter code that responds to resize.