Assignment: Current Events Dataviz Research
This assignment is about getting a feel for data visualization projects in general, and how data visualization can be applied in real-world scenarios.
You are to look through the news, Twitter #dataviz, whichever timely sources you prefer, and find a data visualization that meets the following criteria:
- Relates to current events.
- Published less than 2 months ago.
- Links to the original source of the data
- To clarify: the visualization page needs to have a data source citation that is a hyperlink into a Web page for the data source, so that if you wanted to dig deeper and get at the actual data, you could. Text citations that are not links, like "National Weather Service" or "US Census", are not good enough.
- Different from other student submissions.
Once you've found it, please do the following:
- Write up a brief (a few sentences) description of the visualization and the data it shows.
- Post a screenshot of it in Slack (#general channel) including a link and your brief description.
- In Canvas, submit text with the URL of the visualization and also your brief description.